Vision & Mission
Mechanical Engineering Department aspires to become:
- The first choice for the best students
- The place of choice for the best faculty
- The place where the graduates can be employed by the industry of their choice or become entrepreneurs
- A place that can generate its own resources
- A place that has the highest image in society
The Department strives to
- graduate contemporary mechanical engineers who are able to work in and add value to a variety of industries, and who have the qualities to progress to top level management.
- graduate MS level mechanical engineers who are knowledgeable in and able to apply the fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering within their specialization; develop PhD students who can do research creatively, develop new knowledge in the global context, and share this through publications and other means.
- develop new knowledge of interest to the international community, and to apply this knowledge appropriately and creatively to improve Turkey¹s scientific and technological capabilities.
- transfer the resulting technology to industry, and to share the department¹s knowledge and experience with industry and society as a whole.
- have the capacity for continuous learning, and to be committed to self-improvement and the improvement of the university system.