Room / Office:
+90 212 359 7216
+90 212 287 2456
- Ph.D. 1998. Mechanical Engineering,Case Western Reserve University M.S. 1994.
- von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics M.S. 1993.
- Mechanical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University B.S. 1991.
- Mechanical Engineering, Boğaziçi University, Istanbul, Turkey
- Boğaziçi Üniversitesi Kilyos Sarıtepe Campus Coordinator 2016 – 2019
- Mechanical Engineering, Boğaziçi University Vice Chairman 2007 – 2016
- Boğaziçi University Engineeering Faculty Vice Dean 2003 – 2006
- Assoc. Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Boğaziçi University 2006 –
- Boğaziçi University Engineeering Faculty Board Member 2000 –2006
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Boğaziçi University 1998 – 2006
- ME 263 Thermodynamics I
- ME 303 Computer Applications in Mechanical Engineering
- ME 362 Heat Transfer
- ME 466 Thermodynamics II
- ME 474 Heat Engines
- ME 478 Design of Thermal Systems
- ME 560 Conduction Heat Transfer
- ME 660 Advanced Thermodynamics
- ME 662 Convective Heat Transfer
- ME 663 Radiative Heat Transfer
- AUTO 521 Internal Combustion Engines
- AUTO 525 Fuel Cells
- Renewable energy systems
- Reactive flows
- Internal combustion engines
- Radiation heat transfer
Awards & Honors:
- Excellence in Education Award, Bogazici University, 2006
- Scholarship, von Karman Institute, 1993-1994
- Robert T. Knapp Award, ASME Fluids Engineering Division, 1993
- Organic rankine cycle optimization with explicit designs of evaporator and radial inflow turbine”, Bekiloğlu H.E., Bedir H., Anlaş G., Journal of Energy Resources Technology Volume 142, July 2020 / 072103-1 (DOI: 10.1115/1.4046942).
- Use of thermodynamical models with predictive combustion and emission capability in virtual calibration of heavy duty engines", Özgül E., Şimşek M., Bedir H., Fuel Volume 264, 15 March 2020, 116744 (DOI:10.1016/j.fuel.2019.116744).
- Optimization and application of Stirling engine for waste heat recovery from a heavy duty truck engine", Güven M., Bedir H., Anlaş G., Energy Conversion and Management 180:411-424, 2019 (DOI:10.1016/j.enconman.2018.10.096).
- Fast NOx emission prediction methodology via one-dimensional engine performance tools in heavy duty engines", Özgül E., Bedir H., Advances in Mechanical Engineering 11(4):1-16, 2019 (DOI:10.1177/1687814019845954).
- Multi-objective optimization of ORC parameters and selection of working fluid using preliminary radial inflow turbine design", Bekiloğlu H. E., Bedir H., Anlaş G., Energy Conversion and Management 183:833-847, 2019 (DOI:10.1016/j.enconman.2018.12.039).
- B. M.Selcen, H. Bedir, and A. E. Aksoylu, "Steady state performance analysis of OSR and serial OSR-WGS reactors", Fuel Processing Technology, Volume 152, pp. 240-249, NOV 2016
- C B Biçici, H Bedir, Modeling of an autothermal heat integrated wall reactor for simulation of hydrogen production for fuel cells, 5th US Combustion Meeting, San Diego USA, March 2007
- O Yıldız, H Bedir, A parallel solution to the radiative transport in three dimensional participating media, Numerical Heat Transfer, Part B, Fundamentals, 50:79-95, 2006
- Frate F. C., Bedir, H., Sung CJ, T’ien JS, “On flammability limits of dry CO/O2 Opposed-Jet Diffusion Flames”, Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, Volume 28, pp. 2047-2054, 2000