Room / Office:
+90 212 359 7069
- Ph.D. - 2014 - Dynamics and Control, Mechanical Engineering, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands.
- M.Sc. - 2008 - Mechatronics Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey.
- B.Sc. - 2005 - Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Bogazici University
- Senior Software Engineer, Engine Control Program , Ford Otosan, Turkey
- Mechatronics Designer, Autonomous Mobility Group, Nobleo Projects, The Netherlands
- Research Scientist, Cooperative Vehicle Systems, Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research (TNO), The Netherlands
- PhD Researcher, Connect and Drive Project, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
- Research Assistant, Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) Robotics Laboratory, Chicago, USA
- Research Assistant, Istanbul Technical University, Mechatronics Research Laboratory (MEKAR)
- ME 331 Mechatronics
- ME 335 Modeling and Control of Dynamic Systems
- ME 530 Advanced Dynamics
- ME 537 State Space Control Theory
- AUTO 504 Vehicle Control Systems
- Autonomous/cooperative vehicles; advanced driver assistance systems; powertrain control, automotive control
- Dynamics and control; networked/distributed control systems; hybrid systems; model predictive control;
- Object tracking, sensor fusion, localization, motion planning and control algorithms for mobile robots;
- Hardware-in-the-loop testing; rapid control prototyping; mechatronic system architecting
- S. Öncü, (2014). String stability of interconnected vehicles : network-aware modelling, analysis and experiments Eindhoven: Technische Universiteit Eindhoven DOI: 10.6100/IR762788
- S. Öncü, J. Ploeg, N. van de Wouw, and H. Nijmeijer, Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control: Network-aware Analysis of String Stability, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol.15, no.4, pp.1527,1537, Aug. 2014.
- S. Öncü, N. van de Wouw, M. Heemels and H. Nijmeijer, String Stability of Interconnected Vehicles Under Communication Constraints, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, (CDC2012), Hawaii, USA, Dec. 2012.
- M. Nieuwenhuijze, T. van Keulen, S. Öncü, B. Bonsen and H. Nijmeijer, Cooperative Driving with a Heavy-Duty Truck in Mixed Trafﬁc: Experimental Results, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Sept. 2012.
- S. Öncü, N. van de Wouw, and H. Nijmeijer, Cooperative Adaptive Cruise Control: Tradeoffs Between Control and Network Specifications, IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference (ITSC2011), Washington, USA, Oct. 2011.
- K. Iagnemma, M. Udengaard, G. Ishigami, M. Spenko, S. Öncü, I.Khan, J. Overholt, and G. Hudas, “Design and Development of an Agile, Man Portable Unmanned Ground Vehicle,” in Proc. of the 26th Annual Army Science Conference, Orlando, FL, E0-04, 2008.
- S. Velupillai, S. Öncü, D. Özcan, L. Güvenç, Vehicle Chassis Control Using Adaptive Semi-Active Suspension, Proceedings of the 17th World Congress, The International Federation of Automatic Control, Seoul, Korea, July 6-11, 2008.
- S. Öncü, L. Güvenç, S. Ersolmaz, S. Öztürk, N. Kılıç, M. Sinal, Steer-by-Wire Control of a Light Commercial Vehicle Using a Hardware-in-the-Loop Test Setup, SAE Technical Paper: 2007-01-4198, 2007.
- S. Öncü, S. Karaman, L. Güvenç, S.S. Ersolmaz, E.S. Öztürk, M. Sinal, Robust Yaw Stability Controller Design for a Light Commercial Vehicle Using a Hardware in the Loop Steering Test Rig, IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Symposium (IV2007), Istanbul, Turkey, June 13-15 2007.
- S. Karaman, S. Öncü, L. Güvenç, S.S. Ersolmaz, E. Çetin, A. Kanbolat, Robust Velocity Scheduled Yaw Stability Control of a Light Commercial Vehicle, IEEE Intelligent Vehicle Symposium (IV2006), Tokyo, Japan, June 13-15 2006.
- L. Güvenç, S. Ersolmaz, S. Öncü, S. Öztürk, et al., Stability Enhancement of a Light Commercial Vehicle Using Active Steering, SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1181, 2006.