Ph.D. 2007. Aeronautics & Astronautics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA
M.S. 2001. Aeronautics, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, USA
B.S. 2000. Physics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
B.S. 2000. Aerospace Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- ME 120 Intro. to Mech. Eng.
- ME 242 Dynamics
- ME 263 Thermodynamics I
- ME 466 Thermodynamics II
- ME 485 Sustainable Development and Energy
- ME 501 Advanced Engineering Mathematics I
- ME 502 Advanced Engineering Mathematics II
- ME 68D Space Propulsion
Space Propulsion, Plasma Rockets, Plasma Diagnostics, Emission Spectroscopy
Sustainability, Sustainable Energy, Alternative Energy Systems
Science and Technology Policy
- Jahanbakhsh S., Satir M., Celik M.,"Study of electron current extraction from a radio frequency plasma cathode designed as a neutralizer for ion source applications", Rev Sci Instrum, vol 87(2), Feb 2016.
- Turkoz, E.; Celik M. "AETHER: A simulation platform for inductively coupled plasma", Journal of Computational Physics, vol. 286, pp. 87-102, APR 2015
- Sezgin, Yigit Can, and Murat Celik. “PCM-Cap to Provide Thermal Comfort for Human Head.” Extreme Physiology & Medicine 4.Suppl 1 (2015)
- Korkmaz, O. and Celik, M. , "Global Numerical Model for the Assessment of the Effect of Geometry and Operation Conditions on Insert and Orifice Region Plasmas of a Thermionic Hollow Cathode Electron Source", Contrib. Plasma Phys., 54: 838–850, 2014
- E. Turkoz and M. Celik, "2-D Electromagnetic and Fluid Models for Inductively Coupled Plasma for RF Ion Thruster Performance Evaluation," in IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 235-240, Jan. 2014.
- Celik, M, "Spectral measurements of inductively coupled and helicon discharge modes of a laboratory argon plasma source", Spectrochimica acta part b-atomic spectroscopy, vol. 66(2) pp. 149-155, 2011.
- Celik, M; Batishchev, O; Martinez-Sanchez, M, "Use of emission spectroscopy for real-time assessment of relative wall erosion rate of BHT-200 hall thruster for various regimes of operation", Vacuum, vol. 84(9) pp. 1085-1091, 2010
- Cheng, M; Santi M; Celik M;, Martinez-Sanchez M; Peraire, J, "Hybrid PIC DSMC simulation of a Hall thruster plume on unstructured grids", Computer Physics Communications, Vol. 164(1–3), 1–15 December 2004, pp. 73–79